WEBINAR: Navigating Your Business Through the Foreclosure Documentation Crisis
October 21, 2010
To register, click here.
Facing an already challenging landscape, mortgage servicers now find themselves navigating through documentation and process issues surrounding the handling of foreclosures. With members of Congress up in arms, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac issuing industry letters requiring reviews of servicers’ policies and procedures, states’ attorneys general launching investigations and calling for moratoriums on residential foreclosures in their states, and lawsuits underway in both state and federal courts, industry members must address head-on how the events of the last several weeks will impact their business.
Join MortgageDaily.com and Patton Boggs LLP for a complimentary 60-minute webinar to discuss the mounting legal challenges to the residential foreclosure documentation process and the other issues that will likely stem from this crisis. Recognizing the depth and complexity of this issue, MortgageDaily.com and Patton Boggs have assembled a multi-disciplinary team of experienced attorneys to tackle this issue in a roundtable setting.
- Updates on the current landscape, including a discussion of industry practices.
- Strategies for dealing with government inquiries and investigations, including insight on the actions of the newly formed Mortgage Foreclosure Multistate Group, led by Iowa Attorney General Tom Miller.
- Policy implications arising out of the current crisis.
- Strategies for defending against private causes of action.
- Michael Waldron, Partner, Patton Boggs LLP, practice areas include Mortgage Banking; Financial Services and Products; and Banking and Financial Institutions
- Todd Harrison, Partner, Patton Boggs LLP, practice areas include Litigation and Dispute Resolution; Government Investigations and Litigation; Fraud and Abuse; and False Claims Act Litigation and Counseling
- Anthony Laura, Partner, Patton Boggs LLP, practice areas include Complex Financial and Commercial Disputes; Litigation and Dispute Resolution; and Product Liability and Mass Torts
- Patrick McManemin, Partner, Patton Boggs LLP, practice areas include Litigation and Dispute Resolution; Bankruptcy and Restructuring; and Real Estate.
- Jim Miller, Consultant, former servicing executive for Citi, Chase and CapitalOne; consultation work has included LPS, Fannie Mae and others.
- Jerry Alt, President, LOGS Network, manages operations for one of the country's largest providers of foreclosure services.
Event Location and Schedule:
Date: October 21, 2010
Time: 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. EST
To register, click here.