Alethia Nancoo’s practice focuses on public and project debt finance, with particular emphasis on infrastructure construction, airport, toll road and surface transportation, mixed-use multifamily housing, and water and sewer utility sectors.
Ms. Nancoo advises various municipalities, public issuers, and authorities, nonprofit corporations, and investment banking institutions on a wide range of transactions in the United States and the Caribbean. She has been involved in all phases of P3 financings, and special and general obligation bond financings.
She is a frequent speaker at national conferences on P3 financings, airport and surface transportation financings in the context of U.S. securities laws and regulations. Ms. Nancoo also serves on numerous boards and associations and is involved in many economic initiatives targeting low income communities throughout the District of Columbia.
- Advises the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority as bond and disclosure counsel in connection with its capital improvement program for Ronald Reagan Washington Airport and Washington Dulles International Airport.
- Advised the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority in connection with the Dulles Toll Road Project in which pursuant to a lease agreement with the Commonwealth of Virginia the Airports Authority operates the toll road and leverages revenues to support the construction of Metrorail to Washington Dulles Airport.
- Advised the City and County of Denver, Colorado, in connection with financings for the Denver International Airport.
- Advised the Commonwealth of the Bahamas in connection with its privatization of Nassau International Airport.
- Served in key roles in connection with numerous public and private placement financings for the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport, Harrisburg International Airport, Lehigh Valley International Airport, Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport, Albuquerque International Airport, Miami International Airport, Nassau International Airport, and other large-hub airports in the United States and the Caribbean.
- Advised the E-470 Public Highway Authority and Northwest Parkway Public Highway Authority with respect to their revenue bond issuances, and served as special counsel to Northwest Parkway Public Highway Authority in connection with its concession agreement with Brisa/CCR – Brisa Auto-Estradas de Portugal SA/Companhia de Concessoes Rodoviarias.
- Advised the District of Columbia Housing Finance Agency with respect to its mixed-use multifamily private placements and public financings; advised Colorado Housing and Finance Authority with respect to its multifamily and single-family housing bond issuances. Also advised Miami-Dade County, Florida and the City of Atlanta, Georgia with respect to certain water and sewer revenue bond issuances.