Elizabeth Gill focuses her practice on government contract counseling and litigation and assists clients on all issues that arise from doing business with the Federal government. Ms. Gill counsels clients on a wide variety of procurement-related matters including contract preparation, negotiation, administration, and performance. She regularly represents contractors and subcontractors on bid protests, in the preparation and litigation of contract claims and in Federal litigation, including False Claims Act actions.
Ms. Gill regularly assists clients in government investigations and enforcement matters. She counsels clients on compliance with federal regulatory requirements, including developing compliance programs, conducting compliance reviews, and performing training sessions related to the requirements. Ms. Gill also regularly represents investment funds and financial institutions in connection with the due diligence review of government contractors. Her practice includes counseling small business entities and Alaska Native Corporations on issues related to the programs offered by the Small Business Administration.
- Appeared in numerous Court of Federal Claims, GAO, ODRA, and agency-level protests on behalf of protestors and intervenors.
- Successfully represented two contractors challenging agency overrides of statutory stays of contract performance in bid protest actions at the United States Court of Federal Claims.
- Performed internal investigations of companies confronted with False Claims Act qui tam allegations.
- Assisted with internal investigation and representation of government contractor in preparation for Congressional hearings.
- Represented international corporations in arbitrations involving U.S. government contracts in Iraq and Kuwait before the International Chamber of Commerce.
- Represented owners, contractors, and subcontractors in claims and disputes on public and private construction-related projects in federal and state courts.
- Represented companies before agency debarment officials in connection with the agency’s determination whether to suspend or debar the entities from Federal contracting. .
- Represented small business entities in size disputes before the SBA Office of Hearing and Appeals.
- Successfully appealed the denial of benefits to several service-disabled veterans in litigation before the U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims.