Jeff LeForce represents all business parties involved in bankruptcy and insolvency matters, focusing primarily on creditors.
Mr. LeForce advises secured lenders in all aspects of bankruptcy cases, including cash collateral negotiations and disputes, debtor-in-possession financing arrangements, lift stay actions, plan negotiations and defense of lender liability and subordination claims. Mr. LeForce also helps purchasers of assets from bankruptcy estates, defendants in preference actions and equity holders of corporate debtors, as well as corporate debtors in Chapter 11 reorganizations and liquidations. In addition, he has represented Chapter 7 and Chapter 11 trustees in administering bankruptcy estates and Chapter 11 creditors’ committees.
- Represented numerous secured lenders through cash collateral hearings, going concern sales, asset sales, distribution disputes and plan processes, including bankruptcy cases of debtors that outsourced computer repair and inventory management for major computer manufacturers, manufactured fiberglass truck bodies, manufactured clothing, operated craft and hobby stores, operated oil and gas properties and manufactured ethanol.
- Represented lenders making DIP loans.
- Represented successful buyers in § 363 asset purchases, including purchasers of a pedicure spa chair manufacturer, a replacement window manufacturer, communication towers and a transportation safety training provider.
- Represented real estate lenders in multi-family housing, undeveloped land and commercial property bankruptcy cases.
- Represented a judgment creditor in negotiating an agreed claim for $7.2 million and obtaining payment in full with interest through a negotiated plan of reorganization.
- Represented one of the largest environmental PRP creditors in the bankruptcy of Asarco LLC, which was one of the largest environmental bankruptcies in U.S. history.
- Represented Chapter 11 debtors, including a cable installation subcontractor and manufacturer of cable monitoring equipment, in the sale of all business lines as going concerns and a nonprofit entity through its successful plan of reorganization.
- Represented two banks in numerous Enron and Enron-related affiliates’ credit facilities.
- Represented a foreign exchange customer with a $28 million claim in the Refco Capital Markets and related bankruptcy proceedings.
- Represented a member of a bank group in the bankruptcy of an air cargo company in contested cash collateral hearings and other hearings.
- Successfully defended a secured lender against a Chapter 7 trustee’s lender liability, equitable subordination and lien validity litigation in the bankruptcy of a clothing manufacturer.
- Obtained dismissal through motions to dismiss and summary judgment of claims of lender liability, fraudulent transfer and usury in excess of $75 million by a Chapter 7 trustee against a secured lender to a music distributor.
- Defended numerous creditors against preference demands and related litigation.
- Successfully litigated fraudulent transfer actions on behalf of a Chapter 7 trustee, including successful defense of the judgment to the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Represented companies in out-of-court liquidations.