Atwood Jeter counsels lenders, developers, buyers and sellers in the acquisition, development, leasing, disposition and financing of improved and unimproved real estate, including office, retail, multifamily, industrial and mixed-use projects. Mr. Jeter also assists the firm's business transaction attorneys with real estate aspects of traditional project financings.
Mr. Jeter represents domestic and international developers and lenders engaged in construction, operation and financing wind power projects. He has counseled lenders active in wind energy finance on projects totaling over 900 megawatts of capacity. He has advised lenders on real estate matters, including siting issues, negotiating security documents, reviewing title documents and surveys, resolving landowner disputes and curing title problems.
Mr. Jeter has advised wind energy developers in the early stages of planning, including negotiating real estate leases, easements and project documents for wind farms in Texas, Illinois, Indiana and New Mexico. He has also negotiated wind leases on behalf of landowners.
- Represent developer of numerous municipal solid waste (MSW) to energy projects throughout North America in its negotiations with MSW suppliers, landfill owners/operators and power purchasers.
- Represent equity investor in acquisition of sublease rights for mining and development of coal refuse (gob material).
- Represent developer of approximately 1,000 MW of wind capacity on multiple projects located in Texas, Illinois, Indiana and New Mexico.
- Represented lenders in the financing of the Cedro Hill Wind Project, a 150 MW wind power project in Webb County, Texas.
- Represented lender in the financing of the Desert Sky/Indian Mesa Wind Project, a 150 MW wind power generation facility located in Pecos County, Texas.
- Represented lender in the financing of the Trent Mesa Wind Project, a 150 MW wind power plant located in Nolan and Taylor Counties, Texas.
- Represented lender in the financing of the Brazos Wind Project, a 160 MW wind power project located in Borden, Garza and Scurry Counties, Texas.
- Represented lender in the financing of the Top Deer Wind Project, consisting of an 80 MW wind energy generating facility in Carson County, Texas (White Deer), and an 80 MW facility in Worth County, Iowa (Top of Iowa).
- Represented lender in the financing of the Sweetwater Wind Project (Phases I and III), consisting of approximately 173 MW of wind capacity located in Nolan County, Texas.