Jihad Turkistani is an associate in the Riyadh Office, specializing In Corporate law and M&A, Islamic Finance and litigation in the areas of trade, capital markets, finance and general commercial law.
Jihad is a dual citizen of Saudi Arabia and the United States and is natively fluent in Arabic and English.
As a graduate of the Islamic Law School of Riyadh, Jihad has a solid background in Islamic law (Shari’ah), which he has applied in various types of Shari’ah compliant transactions.
Jihad also worked for five years as a senior legal advisor In an Islamic commercial bank and then as a legal manager within an investment bank, before joining a major European law firm where he worked as an associate.
- Representation in connection with the conversion of a SAR 2.7 Billion conventional private equity fund to a Shari’ah compliant fund in Saudi Arabia
- Representation in connection with the preparation and drafting of an underwriting arrangement for an IPO in Saudi Arabia
- Representation in connection with the negotiation and structuring of a major Shari’ah compliant shareholders’ guarantee scheme
- Representation in connection with the drafting and revision of a USD 300.000.000 Islamic Syndicated Loan (Ijarah Facilities)
- Representation in connection with the drafting, revision and standardization of Islamic Murabaha agreements on behalf a local Islamic Bank (for retail and corporate clients)
- Representation in connection with the set-up and registration of an ‘authorized person’ (a company licensed by the Capital Market Authority of Saudi Arabia) under the capital market law