Jon Ziefert represents real estate developers, private equity funds, retailers, large investors (including sovereign wealth funds), and institutional lenders involved in complex real estate investment and development transactions, including the acquisition, development, financing, leasing and disposition of shopping centers, office buildings, hotels, residential and mixed-use complexes, and industrial facilities.
Mr. Ziefert also advises such clients in connection with the formation of related joint ventures, equity investment vehicles and operating/management agreements.
- Representation of an international luxury goods retailer in connection with the leasing of its U.S. flagship store on Fifth Avenue in New York City.
- Leasing counsel to a private equity fund in connection with office and retail leases at 44 Wall Street and 30 Broad Street in New York City.
- Representation of a residential condominium in connection with it leasing of ground floor retail space to various retail tenants.
- Joint venture acquisition and recapitalization of seven Ritz Carlton and two Four Seasons hotels for a private equity fund.
- Representation of a restaurateur in connection with the leasing of hotel lobby restaurant in Tribeca.
- Representation of a large hotel company in connection with the long-term ground lease of a portion of an active ferry terminal from the New York City Economic Development Corporation for development purposes.
- Representation of the owners of several Broadway theatres in connection with large billboard and digital signage leases.
- Subleases for various hedge funds and international corporations in trophy office buildings in New York City.
- Representation of an international hospitality company in connection with the refinancing of a five-star resort in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico.
- Representation of a Five Guys Burgers and Fries franchisee in connection with strip-center retail leases in Miami, Florida.
- The acquisition, development and financing of a mixed-use condominium project for a developer using New York City Housing Development Corporation tax-exempt bonds, federal low-income housing tax credits and U.S. Treasury New Market tax credits.
- Various joint venture investments by a private equity fund in non-performing real estate debt and other distressed real estate assets.
- Participation in several bankruptcy auctions on behalf of a private equity fund seeking to acquire the real estate assets of various national home builders.
- The sale by a private equity fund of retail condominium units in a large mixed-use condominium in New York City.
- Representation of a hotel owner in connection with the refinancing of two Ritz-Carlton hotels.
- The financing of numerous hotel/residential construction projects, including the Setai Resort and Residences in Miami Beach, Florida.
- Sale by a joint-venture between a private investment partnership and a private equity fund of the commercial condominium unit at 660 Madison Avenue, New York, New York.
- Advised a national construction company with respect to the acquisition and development of several commercial properties in Florida and New York.
- Various acquisitions and dispositions of multi-family and office properties in New Jersey, Texas, and Colorado on behalf of an offshore investment fund.
- Various mezzanine lending transactions for a large mezzanine loan fund.