Tarek Saad represents individuals and corporations from all over the world engaged in complex commercial litigation in the United States, often counseling clients from, in addition to the United States, Australia, the Middle East, and Canada. Mr. Saad has substantial experience in a wide variety of complex commercial litigation matters, and has represented clients in pre-suit negotiations and resolutions, hearings for and against emergency injunctive relief, mediations, arbitrations, motions hearings, agency proceedings, trials in state and federal courts before judges and juries, and on appeals - including oral arguments - in state and federal courts.
Mr. Saad frequently counsels and litigates on behalf of clients in a variety of commercial contexts, including business torts and transactions, intellectual property, trade secrets, non-solicits/non-competes, consumer protection statutes, securities laws, entertainment, and contract disputes. He also practices regularly in the area of employment law, counseling clients on the substantive issues involved in drafting employment agreements, independent contractor agreements, employee handbooks, termination decisions, severance agreements, reductions-in-force, and other employment-related subjects. Mr. Saad also defends employers facing claims of employment discrimination, wrongful discharge and in wage and hour disputes.
Trials and Appeals
- Winning an award in arbitration for a large, multi-national telecom company against a national accounting and tax advisory firm.
- Defeating a request for an immediate injunction alleging trade secrets misappropriation against a foreign software company as first chair in an evidentiary hearing.
- Successfully defending a large consumer debt company against emergency injunctive relief based on trade secrets claims as first chair in an evidentiary hearing.
- Defending employer and preferred investors against contract and wrongful discharge claims filed by founder and CEO as first chair in one-week jury trial and obtaining partial defense verdict.
- Defeating a garnishment claim against a national bank as first chair and defending the victory on appeal.
- Winning a large jury verdict, preliminary and permanent injunctive relief, and declaratory relief as first chair in a one-week jury trial in a non-compete case for an industry pioneer and successfully defending the judgment on appeal. Defending the same client in two subsequent lawsuits and obtaining summary judgment and sanctions, all upheld on appeal.
- Defending a textile services company as second-chair in a one-week jury trial involving employment discrimination and wage claims, and forcing very favorable settlement before closing arguments.
- Winning a permanent injunction and transfer of website domain names against a cybersquatter as first-chair in a bench trial.
- Receiving an extremely favorable settlement from an insurance company in receivership as first chair in administrative hearings.
- Defending a major real estate developer as first chair in a property dispute bench trial.
- Representing a major real estate developer as second chair in a three-week class action jury trial that resulted in a partial defense verdict.
- Winning a unanimous $2.2 million jury verdict for a limited partnership as second chair in a six-week jury trial and upholding the verdict on appeal.
- Obtaining a complete defense tax verdict for a major bank as first chair in a bench trial.
- Gaining a complete defense verdict for a small business as first chair in a bench trial.
- Obtaining dismissal of an Electronic Funds Transfer Act class action against a consumer financial services company.
- Obtaining dismissal of a securities fraud case against a Middle Eastern investor.
- Obtaining favorable settlement in OSHA fatality case litigation against automated machines manufacturer.
- Winning summary judgment for major disc drive manufacturer against age discrimination claims.
- Defeating a request for temporary restraining order against a leading software company based on alleged software conflict and interference.
- Winning summary judgment on behalf of a major disc drive manufacturer against another employee claiming age discrimination.
- Winning summary judgment on behalf of a major direct broadcast satellite provider in a multi-million dollar contract dispute with a programmer.
- Gaining dismissal of a wrongful death lawsuit filed in Mississippi against a large foreign luxury resort and successfully defending the dismissal against appeal to the U.S. 5th Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Winning dismissal of the thrust of a securities fraud case filed by an institutional investor in Delaware Chancery Court by motions and oral argument.
- Forcing an extremely favorable settlement on behalf of a national bank against a title insurer on a construction loan before dispositive motion ruling.
- Securing a preliminary injunction in California for patent infringement on behalf of a major international company resulting in a quick, favorable settlement.
- Winning summary judgment for a national bank in a huge, multi-party Superfund case involving the Summitville Mine.
- Accomplishing dismissal of multiple personal injury lawsuits filed in Massachusetts against a large foreign luxury resort.